Estimated read time: 3-4 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Jazz seek to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies for the tenth straight time when the two teams meet Monday in Salt Lake City.
The Jazz (9-7) are coming off two of their best passing performances of the season, combining for 65 assists on 88 made field goals against Chicago and Portland.
Memphis (6-11) is coming into the game having lost to the LA Clippers Sunday night, 98-88. The Grizzlies held an 18 point fourth quarter lead, but couldn't hold off a Clipper 33-5 run to close out the game.The Jazz have won six of their last eight games after starting the season 3-5. Most of that is due to the way they have been passing the ball.
"When you pass the ball and share with each other, it makes the game a lot easier to play," Utah Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan said after the Jazz defeated Portland Saturday.
KSL takes a look back and ahead as we prep for the game against Memphis.
What did we learn about the Jazz against the Portland Trail Blazers?
- Unselfish basketball leads to higher percentage shots (36 assists, 60.6% shooting)
- Carlos Boozer has found his groove, shooting 76% from the field, averaging 26.7 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists for his last three games.
What can the Jazz expect from Memphis?
- The Grizzlies are the best team in the NBA in offensive rebounding. Expect them to crash the boards and follow their shots
- Utah has beaten the Grizzlies 9 straight times, including four straight in Salt Lake.
Probable Jazz starting lineup
- C - Mehmet Okur, 6-11, 273 lbs., Turkey
- PF - Carlos Boozer, 6-9, 260 lbs., Duke
- SF - Ronnie Brewer, 6-7, 236 lbs., Arkansas
- SG - Wesley Matthews, 6-5, 224 lbs., Marquette
- PG - Deron Williams, 6-3, 207 lbs., Illinois
Probable Memphis starting lineup
- PG - Mike Conley
- SG - O.J. Mayo
- SF - Rudy Gay
- PF - Zach Randolph
- C - Marc Gasol
Rudy Gay 21.9 ppg, 1.79 spg / Zach Randolph 18.2 ppg, 9.4 rpg
Jazz Injury Updates
- Andrei Kirilenko - OUT (strained lower back, hopeful to return Friday)
- Paul Millsap - Game time decision (bruised left knee)
- Kyle Korver - OUT
- CJ Miles - OUT
- Ronnie Price - OUT
Grizzlies Injury Updates
- Darrell Arthur (right pectoralis surgery)
- Marko Jaric (not with team)
The Jazz have won six of their last eight, while Memphis is coming off a back-to-back with LA Clippers. Memphis let the Clippers go on a 33-5 run in the fourth quarter to erase an 18 point lead. Anytime you have that kind of letdown it is hard to forget. The Jazz should win this one, even without Kirilenko and Millsap.