Salt Lake City voters will decide fate of $87 million bond to fill 'enormous financial pothole'
If voters approve of the bond, it would replace two bonds expiring next year and raise taxes by up to $5 a year for the average SLC homeowner, according to city estimates.
Latest News & Features
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Aug 15th - 7:00am
Like Dr. Suess' Sneetches on beaches, Utahns in transit may soon find a small star can make all the difference.
Linda Williams, KSL.com and Caitlin Burchill, KSL TV | Posted Aug 15th - 6:12am
Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting in MIdvale early Wednesday morning, officials said.
Steve Peoples and Kyle Potter, Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 10:53pm
Democrats embraced diversity Tuesday in a primary night of firsts, while Republicans in Minnesota rejected a familiar face of the GOP old guard in favor of a rising newcomer aligned with President Donald Trump.
Brady McCombs, Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 10:44pm
A man who died when he flew a plane into his own house after he had been arrested for assaulting his wife had full access to his employer's plane because he had earned the firm's trust, the president of the Utah company said Tuesday.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Aug 14th - 10:43pm
Draper Fire Battalion Chief Matt Burchett died in a hospital Monday after a tree fell on him while he fought the California blaze.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Aug 14th - 10:35pm
After a disappointing 1-1 draw at home, the next step is a doozy when Real Salt Lake (10-9-5, 35 points) travels to face LAFC at Banc of California Stadium in a game that will be broadcast on ESPN2.
John Hollenhorst, KSL TV | Posted Aug 14th - 10:15pm
After most school massacres, people look back and realize there were warning signs that everyone missed — or didn't take seriously. Now, Utah is moving toward a mental health approach designed to catch those red flags before a tragedy takes place.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 9:42pm
A man and woman got lost inside a mazelike ice cave in Wyoming for nearly two days and were hypothermic when rescuers found them.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Aug 14th - 9:27pm
U.S. Highway 6 reopened Tuesday evening following a two-day closure prompted by the nearby Coal Hollow Fire, an approximately 24,000 acre blaze burning in southeast Utah County.
Aley Davis, KSL TV | Posted Aug 14th - 8:37pm
Your back-to-school list probably includes buying new clothes and school supplies, but does it also include talking to your children about safety?
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 14th - 8:05pm
A man who claimed he was trying to steal gas when he accidentally lit a large fire at a Hertz rental car lot at the Salt Lake City International Airport has been charged.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 7:33pm
The former director of Utah library will serve 30 days in jail after spending thousands of dollars in library funds on a mobile video game.
Katie McKellar, KSL | Posted Aug 14th - 7:03pm
Marking the one-year anniversary of the beginning of Operation Rio Grande, community leaders gathered to report the successes and shortfalls over the last 12 months. The good: Crime is down. The bad: There aren't enough treatment beds to go around.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Aug 14th - 7:00pm
President Donald Trump signed a bill Tuesday that two Utah Republicans pushed to create a three-digit telephone number similar to 911 for the national suicide prevention hotline.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Aug 14th - 6:27pm
Over 1,400 cattle will delay traffic in Logan Canyon on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as the animals move to higher pastures.
EastIdahoNews.com Staff | Posted Aug 14th - 6:24pm
The fate of Melaleuca CEO Frank VanderSloot risked his career to beat a 100-meter rowing record Tuesday — and won.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Aug 14th - 5:45pm
Utah’s $125-million historic archive, including the state’s first flag and other unique treasures in state history, could find a new home in Salt Lake City’s soon-to-be-shuttered homeless shelter.
Mark Scolforo and Marc Levy, Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 5:27pm
Hundreds of Roman Catholic priests in Pennsylvania molested more than 1,000 children — and possibly many more — since the 1940s, and senior church officials, including a man who is now the archbishop of Washington, D.C., systematically covered up the abuse, according to a grand jury report released Tuesday.
Michael Liedtke, Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 5:09pm
Tesla is forming a special committee to evaluate proposals to take the company private one week after CEO Elon Musk said he was considering it.
Catherine Lucey and Errin Haines Whack, Associated Press | Posted Aug 14th - 5:07pm
President Donald Trump unloaded on former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman Tuesday, calling her a "crazed, crying lowlife" and "that dog," as a clash rooted in the reality star's accusations of racism focused new attention on his frequent disparagement of prominent African-Americans.
Alec Williams, KSL | Posted Aug 14th - 4:43pm
With students scheduled to start school in the coming weeks, nearly 1,500 crosswalks throughout Salt Lake City have been stripped and replaced for the new year.
- No stars upon thars: Utah drivers' licenses could cause problems at airport
- Former school counselor gets jail time in sexual misconduct case
- Historic face transplant gives suicide survivor a 'second chance'
- AP NewsBreak: Pilot who crashed his own home had hangar code
- Couple lost in Wyoming ice cave for nearly 2 days rescued
- Man injured in officer-involved shooting in Midvale
- Fire updates: US Highway 6 reopens near Coal Hollow Fire
- Salt Lake City voters will decide fate of $87 million bond to fill 'enormous financial pothole'
- Have You Seen This? Great white shark jumps at researcher
- 'We lose a brother:' Draper battalion chief killed by falling tree during California wildfire
- Linebacker Cody Barton 'confident' and ready for breakout season
- Ben Anderson: Francis Bernard has chance to etch name in 'Holy War' rivalry history
- BYU quarterback competition down to two as Mangum, Wilson set to take most snaps
- Locals in the NFL: Utes' Carrington signed by Cowboys as injury replacement
- Priests molested 1,000 children in Pennsylvania, report says
- Australian's Parliament speech on 'final solution' condemned
- Senior Chinese monk accused of sexual misconduct quits post
- Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman: Death toll in Kabul suicide bombing that targeted a Shiite neighborhood rises to 25