White House confirms Vice President Pence coming to Utah
Vice President Mike Pence is expected to arrive in Salt Lake City on Air Force Two on Wednesday afternoon.
Latest News & Features
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated Aug 20th - 1:20pm
I-80 has reopened in both directions at 5600 West after a grass fire started Tuesday morning near the roadway.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Aug 20th - 1:05pm
Health officials in eastern Utah are confirming a human case of West Nile virus in the Uintah Basin. This is the third human case confirmed in the state this year.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 20th - 12:47pm
Fearing they could be overwhelmed with visitors, officials in the remote Nevada county that's home to the Area 51 military base have drafted an emergency declaration and a plan to team resources with neighboring counties and the state ahead of events next month tied to the "Storm Area 51" internet drive.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Aug 20th - 12:18pm
A study released by researchers at the University of Utah and three other universities shows nearly half of patients may not be divulging important information about life-threatening issues such as depression or domestic abuse when visiting a doctor.
Jennifer Hansler and Ryan Browne, CNN | Posted Aug 20th - 11:47am
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday acknowledged that there are "places where ISIS is more powerful today than they were three or four years ago," but sought to downplay the risk posed by the terrorist organization in the wake of a report warning of its resurgence in Syria.
Zeke Miller and Josh Boak, Associated Press | Updated Aug 20th - 11:39am
The "fundamentals" of the U.S. economy are solid, the White House asserted, invoking an ill-fated political declaration of a decade ago amid mounting concern that a recession could imperil President Donald Trump's reelection.
Ben Anderson, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Aug 20th - 11:33am
Mike Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic are likely to take a step back in averages next season, but can it still be an improvement over what the Jazz had?
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated Aug 20th - 11:30am
Police have taken into custody a man who they say barricaded himself inside a home near 500 S. Redwood Road on Tuesday morning.
KSL.com | Posted Aug 20th - 11:17am
Thanks to an initiative from Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office, nearly 30 utility boxes across the city are now public art installations decorated by elementary school students.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 20th - 10:40am
More criminal charges were filed Tuesday against Ayoola Ajayi after investigators identified another woman who claims he sexually assaulted her a year earlier.
Chris Isidore, CNN Business | Posted Aug 20th - 10:01am
Dick's Sporting Goods considered stopping all gun sales in early 2018. A shooting at the high school in Parkland, Florida, had killed 17 people. And the company was shocked into action.
Katie McKellar, KSL | Posted Aug 20th - 9:32am
Estimates have put direct and indirect costs of Utah’s homeless system at over $100 million a year — and while big changes are finally taking shape this year, the state’s work on homelessness doesn’t really show many big changes on paper.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 20th - 9:03am
National Park Service officials say the popular Angels Landing trail at Zion National Park in southern Utah will be temporarily closed for repairs beginning Tuesday.
Christina Giardinelli, KSL | Posted Aug 20th - 8:42am
Tennyson Cecchini was an athlete and a manager at Alpine Medical Group before he died of a heroin overdose in 2015.
Salt Lake Chamber | Posted Aug 20th - 8:02am
Almost everyone has to give a speech of some sort in life, whether it's a toast, a business presentation or church talk. Try these tips to make it easier and less painful.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 20th - 8:01am
A court appearance for a 72-year-old Utah man charged in what prosecutors call a $1.5 million Ponzi scheme has been delayed so he can recover from surgery after a heart attack.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 20th - 7:16am
A Logan man is accused of engaging in a sexual relationship with a teen girl which included sending lingerie and a sex toy to her house, according to charging documents.
Marjorie Cortez, KSL | Posted Aug 20th - 6:50am
Utah spends less – and in most cases far less – per student than surrounding states and its peer states, yet performs “respectably overall in terms of outcomes,” according to a new Utah Foundation report.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 20th - 6:27am
A 17-year-old Kearns boy was charged as an adult Monday with committing a series of crimes, including attempting to run over a store clerk.
Lisa Riley Roche and Gretel Kauffman, KSL | Posted Aug 19th - 10:37pm
Pence is scheduled to speak at the South Jordan headquarters of Merit Medical at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, after spending the night in Utah.
- Area 51 events in Nevada prompt emergency crowd planning
- I-80 reopens at 5600 West after fire; New blaze sparks near Bangerter Highway
- Woman claims she was sexually assaulted by same man charged with murdering Mackenzie Lueck
- BYU ends traditional homecoming parade
- White House confirms Vice President Pence coming to Utah
- 5 people hospitalized with lung disease after vaping, Utah health officials report
- Salt Lake police take man into custody following 90-minute standoff
- Ben Anderson: Can Jazz improve with Conley and Bogdanovic's regression?
- Another human case of West Nile virus reported in Utah
- Study: Close to half of patients don't disclose potential life-threatening issues with their doctor
Ben Anderson: Can Jazz improve with Conley and Bogdanovic's regression?
- First-year Mountain Ridge building foundation, culture for football and life
- Bonding, basketball and (of course) pizza: BYU opens preseason giro d'Italia under new boss Mark Pope
- Donovan Mitchell's offseason with USA basketball should help the Jazz
- Great Clips of the Week: Venezuelan Little Leaguer has last laugh after showcasing batting stance
Earth's future is being written in fast-melting Greenland
Angels Landing trail in Zion temporarily closed for repairs
Italy prosecutor orders migrant rescue ship evacuated
- Italian government stays in caretaker role as president starts talks Wednesday with parties on forming new government
- Italian PM Giuseppe Conte gave his resignation to Italy's president but was asked to stay on as a caretaker leader
- Official resigns over online hate campaign against judges
- UN envoy warns threat of Yemen's fragmentation gets stronger