KSL Investigators find lack of transparency in government inspections of nail salons
Lisa Zollinger decided to treat herself to a birthday pedicure this year, spending $43 on the beauty treatment.
Latest News & Features
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Jul 17th - 10:49am
While fire crews have been able to contain the major blazes across the state, two new fires have sparked in Uintah and Millard counties.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Jul 17th - 10:47am
About 75 South Jordan residents voiced concerns and asked questions of Rocky Mountain Power representatives Monday about a planned upgrade of power transmission poles close to their homes.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jul 17th - 10:25am
An Ogden man accused of beating an older man to death claims he was angry because he had once seen that man peeking into his daughter's window, police say.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Jul 17th - 9:38am
Mosquitos in two additional Utah counties have tested positive for West Nile virus, state health department officials said Tuesday.
Andrew Meldrum, Associated Press | Posted Jul 17th - 9:35am
Without ever mentioning President Donald Trump by name, former U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday took aim at "strongman politics" in his highest-profile speech since leaving office, urging people around the world to respect human rights and other values now under threat in an impassioned address marking the 100th anniversary of anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela's birth.
Audrey McAvoy and Caleb Jones, Associated Press | Posted Jul 17th - 8:47am
Hawaii tour boat operators plan to continue taking visitors to see lava, but will follow the Coast Guard's revised policy and stay farther away after an explosion caused molten rock to barrel through the roof of a vessel, injuring 23 people.
Andrew Adams, KSL TV | Posted Jul 17th - 8:42am
A couple said Monday their 5-month-old boy is Utah’s only known person infected with salmonella in a nationwide outbreak tied to a Kellogg’s cereal.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Jul 17th - 7:22am
Police are investigating after a man who claimed to be a salesman allegedly assaulted a woman in a South Jordan home on Sunday.
Jonathan Lemire, Jill Colvin and Vladimir Isachenkov, Associated Press | Posted Jul 17th - 6:58am
In an extraordinary embrace of a longtime U.S. enemy, President Donald Trump openly questioned his own intelligence agencies' firm finding that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. election to his benefit, seeming to accept Russian President Vladimir Putin's insistence that Moscow's hands were clean.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Jul 17th - 6:46am
The Utah Department of Transportation's fleet of incident management team trucks that primarily patrol Wasatch Front freeways could end up covered with sponsor advertising.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Jul 16th - 10:34pm
Two teenage boys were involved in a rollover accident Monday that left one seriously injured and the other in critical condition.
EastIdahoNews.com Staff | Posted Jul 16th - 10:14pm
The family of an 11-month-old Idaho Falls girl is grieving after the child died last week following surgery at Primary Children’s Hospital.
Matthew Pennington and Kathy Gannon, Associated Press | Posted Jul 16th - 10:03pm
The United States is open to holding direct talks with the Taliban to encourage negotiations between the militant group and the Afghan government to end 17 years of war, U.S. officials said Monday.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Jul 16th - 9:51pm
As firefighters increase containment of the Dollar Ridge Fire, residents in areas of the evacuation zone can soon return to their homes, Duchesne County Sheriff's Office announced on Monday.
Ladd Egan, KSL TV | Posted Jul 16th - 9:45pm
A new plan with the U.S. Department of Education will classify some students who opt out of statewide testing as having failed the tests — a shift in numbers that could make Utah ineligible for more than $120 million in federal funding.
David Ginsburg, Associated Press | Posted Jul 16th - 9:36pm
The ball cleared the center field wall, and the sellout crowd roared. Bryce Harper threw his bat in the air, thrust both index fingers skyward and yelled with delight as a shower of streamers rained upon the crowd of 43,698.
Stacey Plaisance and Kevin McGill, Associated Press | Posted Jul 16th - 9:22pm
A little girl's teary-eyed self-portrait, stuffed toys and a stick of taffy from a local street vendor, were among the items left at the entrance to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans on Monday — a makeshift memorial for nine animals killed by a jaguar that escaped its enclosure two days earlier.
Best of Prime Day Deals: Free $5 Amazon credit, lowest prices on Amazon Fire Tablets, Streaming Sticks and Cloud cameras
Tech Bargains | Posted Jul 16th - 9:00pm
Welcome to TechBargains' Weekly deals today featuring the best current deals from the Amazon Prime Day Sale with deals on Smart Home, electronics, TVs and more.
- Ogden man accused of murder claims victim had followed his daughter
- KSL Investigators find lack of transparency in government inspections of nail salons
- Idaho family grieves loss of 2nd baby in 2 years
- Police investigating after woman allegedly assaulted by door-to-door salesman
- South Jordan residents shocked over power pole expansion in their neighborhood
- Fox is 9th casualty after jaguar's weekend escape at zoo
- Warren Buffett gives $3.4 billion to charity
- Man charged with starting Brian Head fire wants trial moved, cites 'hatred' in community
- West Nile virus confirmed in Davis, Uintah counties
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values
- Utah's Zack Moss named to Maxwell award watch list; Anae, Blackmon to Bednarik
- Weber State picked to finish 2nd in Big Sky; 6 players named to all-conference team
- Great Clips of the Week: 'Drain my bank account,' RSL coach Mike Petke says in fiery remarks
- No doubt: Djokovic wins 4th Wimbledon, 1st Slam in 2 years
- More flash flooding forces trail closures at Zion National Park, 3 small wildfires spark
- Avid Utah hiker shares precautions to protect against heat exhaustion, heat stroke
- Section of popular mountain bike trail reopens in area affected by 2017 wildfire
- Rep. Mia Love, former Democratic opponent, promote outdoor recreation impacts on business