After protests, Salt Lake leaders report 41 arrests, 21 officers treated
Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall requested that people who were at the protest report any incidents of police aggression they may have witnessed.
Latest News & Features
Theresa Dear, for The Deseret News | Posted May 31st - 11:33am
It happened again. Déjà vu. It’s Eric Garner all over again, but worse. A black man killed by police officers in plain sight, on full display with multiple witnesses and cameras rolling.
Yvette Cruz, KSL.com | Posted May 31st - 11:31am
A book club — with a twist — involving some of the KSL.com team members. Each month, we'll recap the books we read and share what's next on our list. The goal here is to simply read more and escape real-world distractions, if only for a few pages a day.
Katie Workman, KSL.com | Posted May 31st - 10:47am
Here’s a look at the other side of the protests intended to address the circumstances of George Floyd's death while in the custody of Minneapolis police on Memorial Day, and the people who attended with the best of intentions.
Marcia Dunn, Associated Press | Updated May 31st - 10:44am
SpaceX delivered two astronauts to the International Space Station for NASA on Sunday, following up a historic liftoff with an equally smooth docking in yet another first for Elon Musk’s company.
Elissa Strauss, CNN | Updated May 31st - 8:20am
Before the pandemic, video games were a weekend-only activity in our house, allowed for one hour a day, Saturday and Sunday.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Updated May 31st - 8:07am
The fire damaged a Rocky Mountain Power substation, and threatened transmission lines and 72 structures.
Lumen Scholar Institute | Posted May 31st - 8:00am
This school offers free education that rivals a private school experience.
Katie Workman, KSL.com, Jordan Ormond, KSL.com and Alex Cabrero, KSL TV, KSL.com | Updated May 31st - 12:09am
Protests calling for justice in the death of George Floyd, a black man from Minnesota, started out peaceably in Salt Lake City on Saturday morning but escalated.
Tim Sullivan and Stephen Groves, Associated Press | Updated May 30th - 11:37pm
Thousands also demonstrated, demanding justice for George Floyd, a black man who died after a white officer pressed a knee into his neck.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted May 30th - 10:47pm
Winning pitcher Ernesto Lugo scattered just three hits with four strikeouts in five innings, and Pleasant Grove shut out previously unbeaten Lone Peak, 6-0 in Saturday’s final game in the eight-team Class 6A group stage.
Marcia Dunn, Associated Press | Updated May 30th - 10:10pm
Two NASA astronauts climbed into their capsule Saturday for a second attempt at a history-making ride into orbit aboard a rocket ship designed and built by Elon Musk's SpaceX company.
Brian Melley and John Seewer, Associated Press | Updated May 30th - 9:56pm
The massive protests sweeping across U.S. cities following the police killing of a black man in Minnesota have sent shudders through the health community and elevated fears that the huge crowds will lead to a new surge in cases of the coronavirus.
Jen Riess, KSL.com | Updated May 30th - 9:46pm
In response to protests that turned dangerous Saturday night, state and city leaders have issued an emergency curfew to begin at 8 p.m. and last until 6 a.m. on Monday.
Jed Boal, KSL TV | Posted May 30th - 9:18pm
The suspect accused in the shooting death of Ogden police Officer Nathan Lyday had a criminal history that spans several states. Nearby residents said they weren’t surprised, and that he regularly acted aggressively toward adults and children in the neighborhood.
Jen Riess, KSL.com | Posted May 30th - 8:43pm
Zach Pierce and his fiancé Helena Ekonomo were planning to have a large wedding later this year. But when they learned Zach's father might not be well enough to make it, they changed plans.
Alan Fram, Associated Press | Updated May 30th - 7:24pm
Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar seems a less likely choice to become Joe Biden's running mate on his presidential ticket following this week's death of a black man in police custody in Minneapolis, a key ally of the former vice president said.
Mitch Wilkinson, KSL | Updated May 30th - 7:19pm
The organizer of a controversial concert planned for Saturday night to support businesses impacted by COVID-19 closures and to protest restrictions on public gatherings says he will have a picnic instead.
'Heartbreaking on a lot of levels': Orem High softball field tagged with racist, homophobic graffiti
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Updated May 30th - 6:03pm
Alpine School District officials confirmed that the Orem Tigers’ softball field was tagged with graffiti sometime in the overnight hours of Friday night and Saturday morning.
- After protests, Salt Lake leaders report 41 arrests, 21 officers treated
- Peaceful protests take dangerous turn in Salt Lake City
- A look at kindness and solidarity that emerged during Utah's protests
- Coronavirus updates: Here's the latest in Utah's fight against the coronavirus
- Salt Lake City put under curfew order from 8 p.m. Saturday to Monday morning
- 15-acre fire burning near Ogden Canyon damages power substation
- SpaceX's historic encore: Astronauts arrive at space station
- Neighbors: Ogden shooting suspect had aggressive history
- Body found in Newcastle Reservoir
- The Latest: Chicago mayor restricts vehicle, transit access
Vikings finally earn first win to close out pool play at UPG Last Chance tournament
- 'Heartbreaking on a lot of levels': Orem High softball field tagged with racist, homophobic graffiti
- 'It was like Christmas Eve': 6A baseball returns as Lone Peak edges Copper Hills in Last Chance opener
- AP sources: No consensus yet on NBA return-to-play plan
- University of Utah details plan to bring athletes back to campus
KSL.com Book Club: 4 childhood favorites we reread in May
3 reasons Flaming Gorge should be on your summer vacation list
- Antelope Island State Park hikes entrance fee, preps for park improvements
- ‘I’ve never seen this many fish wasted’: DWR seeks public help in case of 260 illegally dumped bass
- Hikers uncover graffiti in Little Cottonwood Canyon, videotape vandals
- 54 boaters cited in Utah for quagga mussel violations over Memorial Day weekend