Utah sees 215 new cases of COVID-19, 2 new deaths
Utah’s number of COVID-19 cases has increased by 215 from Wednesday, with two new reported deaths, according to the Utah Department of Health.
Latest News & Features
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted May 28th - 12:18pm
As violent protests erupted in Minnesota over the police killing of George Floyd, Utah Sen. Mitt Romney joined the chorus of those condemning racist brutality.
Child porn allegation leads to weapons, possible bomb-making materials in Bountiful home, police say
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted May 28th - 11:48am
Two Bountiful men were arrested Tuesday and accused of possessing child pornography.
Doug Glass, Associated Press | Updated May 28th - 11:44am
Violent protests over the death of a black man in police custody rocked a Minneapolis neighborhood for a second straight night as angry crowds looted stores, set fires and left a path of damage that stretched for miles.
Christopher Rugaber, Associated Press | Updated May 28th - 10:47am
An estimated 2.1 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week despite the gradual reopening of businesses around the country.
Amy Joi O'Donoghue, KSL | Posted May 28th - 10:33am
As Utah lawmakers look to tighten their budget belts and put state spending on a strict fiscal diet amid the coronavirus pandemic, subsidies for the Hogle Zoo are under question as well as how much environmental regulatory programs can withstand the hemorrhaging.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted May 28th - 10:15am
Anything Takitaki can do to get ready for the season will help. The former Cougar played in 15 games as a rookie, with one start, and totaled 21 tackles with seven solo stops, and he'll be needed to take another step forward in a young Browns defense this fall.
Lisa Riley Roche, Deseret News | Posted May 28th - 10:04am
Neither the governor’s office nor Thomas Wright on Wednesday would confirm the UtahPolicy.com report.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated May 28th - 10:01am
Another 5,455 Utahns filed for unemployment insurance benefits last week.
Zeke Miller, Associated Press | Updated May 28th - 9:55am
President Donald Trump is preparing to sign an executive order Thursday aimed at curbing liability protections for social media companies, two days after he lashed out at Twitter for applying fact checks to two of his tweets.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted May 28th - 9:27am
There are still plenty of unknowns surrounding the National Women’s Soccer League 2020 season amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted May 28th - 8:46am
A 35-year-old man awaiting a preliminary hearing on charges of unlawful sexual activity with a minor is facing a new charge for allegedly having sex with another minor while out of jail, according to court records.
Andrew Adams, KSL TV | Posted May 28th - 8:37am
Unified Police officers are investigating graffiti left around and on top of a large boulder near the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon.
KSL.com Staff | Updated May 28th - 8:05am
Here are the latest coronavirus-related updates from Utah and around the world.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Updated May 28th - 7:57am
A 23-year-old woman who was reported missing out of Sandy on Tuesday has been located, police said Thursday.
Friend describes zombies, JJ’s disappearance and the ‘fatal attraction’ between Chad and Lori Daybell
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted May 28th - 7:42am
It was September 2019. Lori Vallow was moving to Rexburg, Idaho, from Gilbert, Arizona. She didn’t want to go at first, according to her best friend.
Linda Williams, KSL.com | Updated May 28th - 7:24am
Northbound 8400 West near 2700 South has reopened in Magna after two horses in traffic closed the road Thursday morning, officials said.
Marjorie Cortez, KSL | Posted May 28th - 7:22am
A 10% cut in state funding would mean the loss of 97 full-time positions at Salt Lake Community College, president says.
- Utah sees 215 new cases of COVID-19, 2 new deaths
- Friend describes zombies, JJ’s disappearance and the ‘fatal attraction’ between Chad and Lori Daybell
- Child porn allegation leads to weapons, possible bomb-making materials in Bountiful home, police say
- Coronavirus updates: Herbert issues order updating low-risk guidelines
- Violent protests rock Minneapolis for 2nd straight night
- Hikers uncover graffiti in Little Cottonwood Canyon, videotape vandals
- Woman says she rescued mother of puppies found on snowy mountain; rancher says she has his herd dog
- Mitt Romney says ‘shock and outrage’ of George Floyd death must lead to end of ‘racist abuse’
- Trump preparing order targeting social media protections
- Coronavirus updates: Utah unemployment down for 7th straight week, but still at historic highs
BYU alum Sione Takitaki will be ready for Year 2 with Browns after unique offseason
- What you need to know about soccer's return to Utah via the NWSL Challenge Cup
- School board calls off proposed 'Jordan Cup' citing safety concerns
- Late birdie lifts Lone Peak’s Berlin Long to 6A golf title; Lehi’s Galeai surges to top of 5A
- Lehi's Galeai, Timpview girls surge to top of individual 5A golf meet