Wildfire Updates: 6400 Fire in Duchesne County now 50% contained
Here is the latest information on wildfires burning around the state of Utah.
Latest News & Features
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 10th - 11:42am
New criminal charges were filed Monday against a Logan man accused of inappropriately touching women while given them massages.
Nathaniel Meyersohn Business, CNN | Posted Aug 10th - 11:24am
Amazon may replace closed department stores at struggling malls.
Amy Donaldson, Deseret News | Posted Aug 10th - 11:10am
When the new coronavirus began ravaging the world, most people had no idea just how much damage a viral outbreak could do to the world’s health, wealth and social fabric.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 10th - 10:40am
Police arrested a man over the weekend after they say he threw a 3-year-old girl and her uncle into the pond at Liberty Park.
Julio Cortez, Associated Press | Posted Aug 10th - 10:10am
A “major gas explosion” destroyed three row houses in Baltimore on Monday, killing a woman, injuring several other people and trapping at least one person in the wreckage, firefighters said.
Don Babwin, Associated Press | Posted Aug 10th - 9:22am
More than 100 people were arrested Monday following a night of looting and unrest that left 13 officers injured and caused damage in the city's upscale Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of the city, authorities said.
Matthew Barakat, Associated Press | Posted Aug 10th - 9:03am
Whether President Donald Trump has the constitutional authority to extend federal unemployment benefits by executive order remains unclear. Equally up in the air is whether states, which are necessary partners in Trump's plan to bypass Congress, will sign on.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 10th - 8:28am
A man serving time at the Utah State Prison for killing his father now faces a charge of head-butting a corrections officer.
Jasen Lee, KSL | Posted Aug 10th - 8:08am
For parents, the decision of when to give their child a mobile phone can be a vexing question with the challenges of social media, potential cyberbullying and pervasiveness of online child predators.
Weber Basin Water Conservancy District | Posted Aug 10th - 8:00am
If the heat of summer has you struggling to keep things looking their best, here are a few basic principles that could make it easier to keep your landscape looking great.
Kim Giles, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Aug 10th - 7:41am
In this edition of LIFEadvice, Coach Kim shares the dangers stress and fear might be creating in your mental health and how to cope.
Sean Walker and Jen Riess, KSL.com | Posted Aug 10th - 7:03am
Here are 10 stories you may have missed this weekend. As always, click on the headline to read the full story.
Linda Williams, KSL.com | Posted Aug 10th - 6:47am
A juvenile was critically injured when someone shot him in the chest Sunday night in Salt Lake City, police said.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 10th - 6:14am
A man already facing charges of child sex abuse now faces additional counts of possessing child pornography.
Ralph D. Russo, Associated Press | Updated Aug 10th - 12:18am
After the Power Five conference commissioners met Sunday to discuss mounting concern about whether a college football season can be played in a pandemic, players took to social media to urge leaders to let them play.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 9th - 9:08pm
Fire investigators on Sunday were looking into what started a fire that burned several recreational vehicles in a remote area on the city’s west side.
Sophia Eppolito, Associated Press | Updated Aug 9th - 8:43pm
At a mostly white high school near Salt Lake City, the steps leading to the football field are covered in red handprints, arrows and drawings of Native American men in headdresses meant to represent the mascot, the Braves. “Welcome to the Dark Side” and “Fight like a Brave” are scrawled next to images of teepees, a tomahawk and a dream catcher.
- Man arrested after throwing 3-year-old into Liberty Park pond, police say
- 10 Utah Latter-day Saint temples to enter next reopening phase this month
- More criminal charges filed against Logan massage therapist
- Amazon may take over old JCPenneys and Sears to try and speed up deliveries
- Coronavirus updates: COVID-19 news from Utah and around the world
- Duchesne County plane crash survivors share their miracle in the sky story
- More than 100 arrests, 13 officers hurt amid Chicago looting
- Wildfire Updates: 6400 Fire in Duchesne County now 50% contained
- Gas explosion levels 3 Baltimore homes; 1 dead, 1 trapped
- Coach Kim: The bigger problem COVID-19 may be creating in your home
As college leaders meet, football players push to play
- 'I was playing to win it': Tony Finau's 66 just shy of PGA Championship win
- Ex-Angels employee charged in overdose death of former Bees pitcher Tyler Skaggs
- Whipsnakes use big second-half rally to claim Premier Lacrosse title in quarantined tournament
- Tony Finau sets up run for top-10 finish with 67 at PGA Championship