Church announces groundbreaking date for Layton Temple
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will break ground on the Layton Utah Temple on May 30, 2020, according to a news release issued by the church Thursday.
Latest News & Features
Boyd Matheson, Deseret News | Posted Jan 23rd - 12:26pm
During my time as a Senate chief of staff in Washington, D.C., I always walked to the Senate office, usually in the stillness of the early morning hours. The walk was cherished quiet time to reflect deeply on the founding principles of America before being forced to engage in the rush and crush of the daily Senate schedule.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated Jan 23rd - 12:25pm
Utah legislators will fully repeal a controversial tax reform bill just days after critics of the bill finished collecting thousands of signatures to oppose it.
Wendy Leonard, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 12:21pm
No one was fired following the recent roll-out of Utah’s new HIV awareness campaign, Gov. Gary Herbert said Thursday.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated Jan 23rd - 12:04pm
Southbound I-15 lanes have reopened at 6800 South in Midvale after multiple crashes caused delays in the area, authorities say.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 11:34am
A man staying in a Utah vacation rental property is accused of arranging to have a 17-year-old girl perform sex acts for money in several states.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 11:02am
A man seriously burned in a motor home fire last week has died from his injuries, authorities say.
Lisa Mascaro, Eric Tucker and Zeke Miller, Associated Press | Updated Jan 23rd - 10:45am
The challenge is becoming increasingly clear for House Democrats prosecuting President Donald Trump's impeachment case as the Senate convenes for a second day of arguments in the landmark trial.
Alicia Lee, CNN | Posted Jan 23rd - 10:24am
It's an exhilarating feeling we can all relate to -- FedEx notifying you that your package has been delivered.
Ladd Egan, KSL TV | Posted Jan 23rd - 9:44am
Two young women were wanted for questioning after police said they scammed residents of a retirement community out of cash and checks by claiming they were raising funds for religious missions.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 8:57am
A woman is in "very serious" condition after being hit by a car in Park City on Thursday morning, officials say.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 8:39am
A Provo man who strangled a neighbor woman with a power cord after his release from prison in 2014 has been ordered to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Pan Pylas, Associated Press | Posted Jan 23rd - 8:16am
As one of the executive producers of the last Mad Max movie, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin might have been interested in the apocalyptic climate warnings of Greta Thunberg.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 7:45am
Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is slated to headline Utah’s annual tech summit at the end of January.
Matthew Lee and Colleen Long, Associated Press | Updated Jan 23rd - 7:44am
The Trump administration on Thursday published new visa rules aimed at restricting “birth tourism," in which women travel to the U.S. to give birth so their children can have a coveted U.S. passport.
Ashley Moser, KSL TV | Posted Jan 23rd - 7:31am
Some residents in Daybreak have been given notice of a 100% increase in HOA fees, starting in February.
Kyle Dunphey, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 7:02am
Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson announces an expansion of the jail’s medication assisted treatment program.
Rod McGuirk, Associated Press | Updated Jan 23rd - 6:39am
Three American crew members were killed Thursday when a C-130 Hercules aerial water tanker crashed while battling wildfires in southeastern Australia, officials said.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Jan 22nd - 11:57pm
The Rudy Gobert "can’t play offense" crowd had a rough night on Wednesday. Because Rudy Gobert had a really big offensive night.
- Church announces groundbreaking date for Layton Temple
- Daybreak HOA raises monthly payment 100% to cover building defects
- Charges: Man exploited teen girl for sex trafficking in several states
- Southbound I-15 reopens in Midvale after crashes leave 1 in critical condition
- Police: Women posing as missionaries target retirement center
- ‘All of us ought to be offended’ by HIV campaign strategy, Utah governor says
- Controversial Utah tax reform bill to be repealed
- New text message scam disguises itself as FedEx notification
- 'Who is she?' - US Treasury chief takes swipe at Thunberg
- Murder charges: Teen shooter waited hours between killing mother, siblings
Has there ever been a better decade of draft picks than the 80s for the Jazz?
Church announces groundbreaking date for Layton Temple
Utah ski resorts experiencing 'good fortune' as more precipitation hits state
- Mountain lion euthanized after attacking 3-year-old boy in a California wilderness park
- National Parks are free today in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday
- Desolation Canyon float trips: What they might cost and why that matters
- Utah cougar harvest quotas increased as wildlife officials seek to combat deer decline
Former Guatemalan minister hid in Colombia ambassador's home
- Pence: Israel PM, election rival invited to US to talk peace
- Here is the latest news from The Associated Press at 1:40 p.m. EST
- Pence: White House invites Israel's Netanyahu and chief rival to White House next week to discuss 'prospect of peace'
- World Health Organization says a viral illness in China that has sickened hundreds is not yet a global health emergency.