Jobless claims up 1% in Utah, still at record levels
The volume of out-of-work Utahns filing for financial assistance is continuing at a historic pace.
Latest News & Features
Annie Knox, KSL | Updated Jul 2nd - 11:37am
A Utah man pleaded guilty to aggravated murder Wednesday in the 2018 death of a 15-year-old girl, admitting he killed her in her Salt Lake home after she broke up with him and planned to report him to police.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Jul 2nd - 11:36am
Three Blanding men died in a rollover crash in San Juan County on Wednesday evening, authorities said.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Updated Jul 2nd - 11:35am
The match against U.S. men’s national team legend Landon Donovan and San Diego Loyal SC will be played in front of a limited number of fans, too, and televised on ESPN Deportes.
Jim Mustian and Larry Neumeister, Associated Press | Updated Jul 2nd - 11:07am
British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested by the FBI on Thursday on charges she helped procure underage sex partners for financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated Jul 2nd - 11:02am
A 9-year-old Idaho boy who got separated from his family during a hike in the Uinta Mountains was found safe on Thursday morning.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Updated Jul 2nd - 10:58am
Authorities have identified three people who were killed in a crash that shut down part of state Route 18 on Wednesday.
Christopher Rugaber, Associated Press | Updated Jul 2nd - 10:50am
U.S. unemployment fell to 11.1% in June as the economy added a solid 4.8 million jobs, the government reported Thursday. But the job-market recovery may already be faltering because of a new round of closings and layoffs triggered by a resurgence of the coronavirus.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Jul 2nd - 10:34am
Text messages from campaigns left many Utahns wondering: How did they even get my number? And how do I make them stop?
Patrick Kinahan, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Jul 2nd - 10:13am
In probably the worst possible time, given the current situation in this country, the University of Utah athletic and football leadership handled the delicate situation involving Morgan Scalley about as well as it could under such trying circumstances.
Arianne Brown, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Jul 2nd - 10:01am
Zoe Smith is fighting for her life at Primary Children’s Hospital after being diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia that will take something even more rare to save her.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated Jul 2nd - 9:37am
A 12-year-old boy who was previously reported missing and endangered from South Salt Lake has been found safe, police said.
Brittany Tait, KSL TV | Posted Jul 2nd - 9:07am
Intermountain Healthcare officials said they are seeing a 50% increase in those wanting to be tested for coronavirus.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Jul 2nd - 8:17am
After John Fitzpatrick was hoisted up to address a group of 100 protesters in Provo, he asked for unity, introduced his group and tried to start a dialogue.
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted Jul 2nd - 7:46am
For the second time in two years, a Rigby native has launched a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign to make a product that will help people exercise on the go.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Jul 2nd - 7:22am
Nearly 60 of about 300 inmates at the Washington County jail have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jul 2nd - 6:45am
A man who police say drove recklessly while intoxicated on I-80, and then fired several rounds at witnesses who flashed their lights at him, now faces numerous charges.
- 9-year-old Idaho boy found safe after being separated from family in Uinta Mountains
- Coronavirus updates: Hospitals increase testing, hours to meet demand; Grand County to mandate masks
- Authorities identify 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash in St. George
- Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell arrested
- 3 men die in San Juan County crash on deadly day for Utah roads
- Utahn pleads guilty to aggravated murder in death of 15-year-old Salt Lake girl
- Utah manufactured invention a massive success on Kickstarter – and it’s not the first time
- Family of toddler with rare blood cancer searching for bone marrow donor
- Here’s where you can and can’t launch fireworks in Utah this year
- 'A small compromise goes a long way': Counter-protesters ask for unity with Provo group
RSL affiliate Real Monarchs will return to play July 11, and (some) fans will be invited
- Patrick Kinahan: Utah's Scalley deserves a shot at redemption
- Weighing family and basketball: Jazz's Conley, Ingles faced hard decision on whether to play in Orlando
- COVID-19 impacts 2 Utah high school football teams
- Utah retains Morgan Scalley as defensive coordinator following investigation into racist text