With Thanksgiving week in the rearview, Utah reports 1,722 coronavirus cases and 5 deaths Sunday
The new case totals bring the state to 193,809 total COVID-19 cases and 868 virus deaths since the pandemic began.
Latest News & Features
Mori Kessler, St. George News | Posted Nov 29th - 1:50pm
The Utah Division of Water Resources reported that water conservation efforts have helped meet growing population needs while postponing the need for water development projects.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Nov 29th - 12:07pm
The Cougars, like most of the media, were shocked last week when the College Football Playoff selection committee released their initial rankings. On Sunday, though, it was more of the same.
Simone Seikaly, KSL NewsRadio | Posted Nov 29th - 11:50am
Dr. Jill Jim is a member of the Navajo Nation and has served as a cabinet member for the Nation's Nez-Lizer Administration.
Tamarra Kemsley, for The Deseret News | Posted Nov 29th - 11:42am
Holly and Brad Lauritzen never planned on becoming famous on Instagram. Even now, the couple seems unsure what attracted their hundreds of thousands of followers.
'I just put my head down and ran': St. George woman sets fastest known time on quad-crossing of Grand Canyon
Hollie Stark, St. George News | Posted Nov 29th - 11:08am
McGee finished the feat in a time of 28:11:26.
Wendy Leonard, KSL | Updated Nov 29th - 10:02am
Police arrested a 44-year-old man on Wednesday after he refused to wear a face mask on a flight leaving Salt Lake City International Airport.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Nov 29th - 10:01am
The college football landscape continues to be a crapshoot as we move through a global pandemic that forces us to watch whether a team boards an airplane in hopes of a game being played. But 2020 continues for a little longer.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Nov 29th - 9:11am
Erick Lopez, Christopher Lopez and Bryan Rodriguez were charged with travel within the United States with intent to deal firearms without a license.
Byutv | Posted Nov 29th - 8:45am
Christmas Under the Stars, BYUtv's annual holiday concert series, returns Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. with Christian pop superstar Lauren Daigle headlining this year's musical celebration.
Marjorie Cortez, KSL | Posted Nov 29th - 8:10am
Salt Lake's Edison Elementary, with 64% of its students English language learners and 100% economically disadvantaged, honored for 'exemplary' efforts.
Valerie Volcovici, Reuters | Posted Nov 29th - 7:06am
The Trump administration took a step on Friday toward rolling back protections for migratory birds and reducing penalties for companies that inadvertently kill them, the latest effort to finalize regulatory rollbacks before President Donald Trump leaves office in January.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Updated Nov 28th - 10:30pm
For Utah, a strong first-half performance was not enough to overcome a surging Washington team that scored 24 unanswered points to come from behind to claim a 24-21 win Saturday night at Husky Stadium in Seattle.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Updated Nov 28th - 10:23pm
Alex Barcello had 20 points, six rebounds and three assists, and Matt Haarms added 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting in his BYU debut to help the Cougars to their third-straight win, 82-60 Saturday night over crosstown rival Utah Valley in the Marriott Center.
Aley Davis, KSL TV | Posted Nov 28th - 9:51pm
Many people have been sharing messages of gratitude all over social media this week. Experts say expressing thanks goes beyond just feeling good — it turns out there are actual health benefits that come from being grateful.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Nov 28th - 7:47pm
Prosecutors have requested a man who allegedly set his wife's clothes on fire after finding out she was having an affair, only for the fire to spread to his house, be held without bail.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Nov 28th - 7:08pm
Without playing a game, BYU's football program earned a big win on Thanksgiving weekend. Two of them, in fact.
- Monolith disappears, rock pile and mini pyramid now in its place
- With Thanksgiving week in the rearview, Utah reports 1,722 coronavirus cases and 5 deaths Sunday
- Delta passenger arrested after boarding jet without mask, refusing to leave, police say
- 5 gifts the older adults in your life will actually use
- BYU holds steady at No. 8 in AP, Coaches polls despite drop in CFP rankings
- 'I just put my head down and ran': St. George woman sets fastest known time on quad-crossing of Grand Canyon
- 3 California men face federal gun trafficking charges in Utah
- 2 arrested in connection with the death of Santaquin man
- Teen missing in southern Utah found, reunited with family
- Navajo health executive to serve on Biden COVID-19 advisory board
BYU holds steady at No. 8 in AP, Coaches polls despite drop in CFP rankings
- Josh Furlong's AP Top 25: Northwestern stumbles as BYU-Cincy wait for a chance
- Tokyo 2020 organisers estimate Games postponement cost $1.9 billion: media
- 'We didn't finish': Utah's 2nd-half collapse leads to come-from-behind Washington win
- Barcello leads BYU basketball to 3-0 start with win over Utah Valley
Monolith disappears, rock pile and mini pyramid now in its place
Snowbasin ushers in 80th season with COVID-19 restrictions
- Utah swan hunt closes early for 2nd year in a row
- Looking for a Christmas tree? Here's where you can get a Utah public lands permit this year
- Utah monolith (probably) wasn't the work of aliens, but it's still a mystery
- Early morning storm to blame for deaths of nearly 40 swans in Utah, wildlife officials say