Fire that began during arrest called accidental

Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MIDVALE -- Investigators say a fire that started in a Midvale house as the resident was put in handcuffs was accidental.

Midvale police tell the Salt Lake Tribune that the fire near 500 East and 7500 South on Tuesday started in a crawl space. They do not believe it was intentionally set.

Taylorsville police had arrived to arrest a resident, 46-year-old J. Lee Wood, on unrelated charges when the fire began.

A woman who also lived at the house said Tuesday that the fire started in a crawl space on the second floor.

Related stories

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast