Man injured, Utah home extensively damaged in fire

3 photos
Save Story

Show 1 more video

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

TOOELE — A man was hospitalized for smoke inhalation that he suffered during an early morning house fire Monday in Tooele.

Crews were called to the fire in a two-story home in the area of Coleman Street and 400 South at 2:25 a.m., Tooele Fire Chief Rick Harrison said.

When firefighters arrived, the second floor of the home was fully engulfed in flames. That floor was considered a total loss, Harrison said.

The rest of the home suffered severe water damage by the time the 25 firefighters extinguished the blaze, Harrison said. The fire was put out within 10 minutes.

All but one of the residents made it out of the home safely, according to the fire chief. A man in the house was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation.


Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Ashley Imlay is an evening news manager for A lifelong Utahn, Ashley has also worked as a reporter for the Deseret News and is a graduate of Dixie State University.


Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast