Centerville gas leak cleared, residents return home

2 photos
Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

CENTERVILLE — A gas leak at an apartment has been cleared and residents are back at home, officials said Saturday.

The issue began Friday night after residents of Legacy Cross Apartments Building A, near 1142 W. 200 North, called 911 after smelling natural gas.

Officials from the fire department, American Red Cross and Questar Gas arrived to assist with the issue. One wing of the complex containing about 60 units was evacuated.

Officials believed the cause of the leak to be a broken pipe underneath the building Friday night. Displaced residents were able to begin using their gas after 10 a.m. Saturday, according to Questar spokesman Darren Shepherd.


Related stories

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Ben Dowsett


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast