Man wanted by Metro Gang Unit shot, killed in Salt Lake City
A man wanted by the Metro Gang Unit was shot and killed during a confrontation with officers late Thursday.
Latest News & Features
The Associated Press | Posted Oct 19th - 10:46am
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is due back in a Virginia courtroom to decide whether he will be sentenced on fraud charges before or after he completes his cooperation with prosecutors.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Oct 19th - 10:34am
Emmy and Tony Award-winning actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth will perform alongside the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square during the choir’s annual Christmas concerts in December, choir officials announced Friday.
Alan Fram, Associated Press | Posted Oct 19th - 10:30am
Just 1 in 4 people thinks Brett Kavanaugh was completely honest when he heatedly rebuffed charges of sexual assault and heavy drinking during his Supreme Court confirmation hearing, and Republicans and Democrats hold starkly divergent views of whether his sworn testimony to senators was credible, a poll released Friday showed.
Robert Jackson, KSL.com | Posted Oct 19th - 10:25am
Here are the games for Week 8: Utah State at Wyoming, No. 3 Clemson vs. No. 16 NC State, UAB vs. North Texas, No. 12 Oregon at No. 25 Washington State, and Utah vs. USC.
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted Oct 19th - 10:15am
Angela and Lane Stevenson never planned to have a baby at home.
Colleen Long, Associated Press | Posted Oct 19th - 10:03am
Weeks before the 2016 election, federal officials started making mysterious calls to the head of elections in Inyo County, California. They asked her to contact them if she noticed anything unusual. But they wouldn't elaborate.
Anita Snow, Associated Press | Posted Oct 19th - 9:28am
An Arizona man who fell to the bottom of an old abandoned gold mine shaft, broke both his legs, fought off a trio of rattlesnakes and went two days without food or water before a friend heard his cries for help is lucky to be alive, said the head of a rescue team.
Allied Furnishings | Posted Oct 19th - 9:11am
If your old blinds aren't doing their job, it's time for an update. Your home, your wallet and your family will thank you.
Jasen Lee, KSL | Posted Oct 19th - 9:02am
International trade is a growing concern for many Utah small businesses as the impact of sanctions imposed by the Trump administration impact the bottom line of companies in the Beehive State and across the nation.
Andrew Adams, KSL TV | Posted Oct 19th - 8:41am
A family seeking answers in the disappearance of a couple 9 months ago received unexpected news Thursday they believe could lead to closure in the case.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Oct 19th - 8:25am
One person died after the car they were driving collided with a semitruck on state Route 40 Thursday night, Utah Highway Patrol troopers said.
Ayse Wieting and Suzan Fraser, Associated Press | Posted Oct 19th - 8:00am
A Turkish official said Friday that investigators are looking into the possibility that missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi's remains may have been taken to a forest outside Istanbul or to another city after his suspected killing at the consulate earlier this month. Ankara's top diplomat, meanwhile, denied sharing any audio from the Saudi Consulate with U.S. officials.
Linda Williams, KSL.com | Posted Oct 19th - 7:38am
An 81-year-old man who was reported missing in Roy has been located, police said Friday morning.
Jed Boal, KSL TV | Posted Oct 19th - 7:21am
A Salt Lake County couple witnessed an incredible story of wilderness survival that began in the highest, most rugged mountains in Utah.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Oct 19th - 7:02am
A Magna convenience store clerk left the store unattended early Thursday morning, only to return and discover that many items in the store had been pilfered, police sad.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Oct 18th - 10:00pm
Two women wanted for questioning in connection to the death of two infants in Idaho were taken into custody Thursday in Perry, Box Elder County, officials said.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 18th - 9:02pm
Damir Kreilach had a goal and two assists, and Corey Baird added a goal and an assist — and that was just in the first half — as Real Salt Lake rolled to a resounding victory over visiting New England, 4-1 in the regular-season home finale Thu
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Oct 18th - 9:00pm
If your mail-in ballot has been sitting on the kitchen counter while you hem and haw and tell yourself you’ll research the issues in your non-existent free time, you’re not alone.
Utah.com | Posted Oct 18th - 9:00pm
Utah boasts an architectural freak-scape of sky-spanning natural bridges. But what's in it for you? Here are our top seven natural bridges and arches you can immediately add to your bucket list.
Emily Fonnesbeck, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Oct 18th - 8:39pm
People tend to run scared of satisfaction, equating it with overeating. However, avoiding satisfaction is exactly what can often lead to overeating.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Oct 18th - 8:05pm
A former chief deputy Utah attorney general says Salt Lake County prosecutors violated his civil rights when they had him thrown in jail, claiming he told them he wouldn't be available to testify in the John Swallow trial last year.
- Clerk leaves 7-Eleven unattended, customers help themselves
- Man wanted by Metro Gang Unit shot, killed in Salt Lake City
- Mama, puppies found living in logs at 11,000 feet in Uintas
- Kristin Chenoweth to be featured guest at Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert
- Couple celebrates ‘miracle’ daughter after wife suddenly delivers baby at home
- Man rescued from Arizona mine lucky to survive fall, snakes
- Discovery of 2 bodies near Utah-Arizona border renews hope for closure in case of missing couple
- KSL Pick'em: College football Week 8 staff selections
- Driver killed after head-on collision with semitruck on SR-40
- Gold stars on Utah licenses will cost millions, lawmakers told
- Utah State heads to the high plains, looking to become bowl eligible for 7th time in 8 years
- Response noted: Real Salt Lake thumps New England 4-1 in regular-season home finale
- Led by preseason all-WCC Childs, BYU basketball picked to finish 3rd in league
- Short-handed and clinging to playoff bid, Real Salt Lake preps for home finale vs. New England
- Migrants in caravan turn back after moving toward border crossing on Mexico-Guatemala frontier
- Thousands of migrants in caravan move toward border crossing on Mexico-Guatemala frontier
- Hezbollah leader calls on Saudi Arabia to end war in Yemen
- At least 50 people die after train runs over crowd in India