Deck fire caused by tissue paper


Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MIDVALE -- Misuse of a microwave began the series of events that led up to a deck catching on fire in Midvale.

It all started around 9 a.m. near 400 East and 8000 South, when an elderly woman was trying to dry out some tissue paper in her microwave. When the paper started to smell, she took it outside and put in under her deck.

Deck fire caused by tissue paper

The paper ignited and caught the deck on fire.

Neighbors saw the flames, called 911 and then helped get the woman out of the house. They also had the fire mostly out by the time crews arrived.

The woman is back in her home, but her deck will need to be replaced.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast