Estimated read time: 3-4 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- Fresh off their Thanksgiving Day victory of the Chicago Bulls, the Utah Jazz host the Portland Trail Blazers Saturday.
The Jazz (8-7) had won three straight before an uninspired home loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday, but were able to bounce back in a big way, defeating Chicago 105-86.
The Trail Blazers (12-6) are coming off an uninspired home loss of their own, falling behind by 29 points late in the second quarter to Memphis before eventually losing 106-96. The Grizzlies had only won one game on the road this season prior to that.
Point guard Deron Williams had 21 points and six assists. The Jazz blew open the game by making 10 of their first 11 shots in the fourth quarter.
What did we learn about the Jazz against the Chicago Bulls?
- Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap, when playing together, can combine to be the best power forward duo in the NBA
- Passing the ball around can actually help improve your shooting percentage (29 assists, 60.8% shooting)
What can the Jazz expect from Portland?
- Forward LaMarcus Aldridge has averaged 25.3 points in three career starts in Utah.
- The Blazers are 0-3 when Brandon Roy scores more than 25 points. Expect him to try to get his teammates more involved in the game.
- In their two wins against the Jazz a season ago, the Trail Blazers posted two of their four highest point totals of the season. Portland's 125 points on March 31 marked its highest scoring effort against the Jazz since April 14, 1988.
Probable Jazz starting lineup
- C - Mehmet Okur, 6-11, 273 lbs., Turkey
- PF - Carlos Boozer, 6-9, 260 lbs., Duke
- SF - Ronnie Brewer, 6-7, 236 lbs., Arkansas
- SG - Wesley Matthews, 6-5, 224 lbs., Marquette
- PG - Deron Williams, 6-3, 207 lbs., Illinois
Probable Portland starting lineup
- G - Steve Blake
- G - Brandon Roy
- F - Martell Webster
- F - LaMarcus Aldridge
- C - Greg Oden
Jazz Injury Updates
- Kyle Korver - OUT
- CJ Miles - OUT
- Ronnie Price - OUT
Trail Blazers Injury Updates
- Nicolas Batum (right shoulder) - OUT
- Patrick Mills (right foot) - OUT
- Travis Outlaw (left foot) - OUT
- Jeff Pendergraph (left hip) - OUT
Can the Jazz put together back-to-back wins? Portland is capable of putting up big numbers, especially against the Jazz. Utah will need to play one of their better games to come away with a win Saturday.