Man Electrocuted, Flown to Hospital

Man Electrocuted, Flown to Hospital

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) -- A 29-year old electrician was nearly eletrocuted this morning while working on a power pole.

The man was fixing the pole and somehow he came in contact with two lines. Salt Lake County Sheriff's officers say he was violently zapped with 7200 volts of electricity.

He was life-flighted to the University of Utah Medical Center. Authorities say he had burns on his right arm but was conscious as he boarded the chopper.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast