News / Utah / 
Fire Damages Draper Home

Fire Damages Draper Home

Posted - Dec. 5, 2004 at 4:17 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A Draper home went up in flames overnight.

The fire started at 12930 South 498 East after a teenage boy lit the fireplace and it got out of control.

Capt. Michael Jensen, United Fire Authority: "Any time you get around the holidays it's tragic for any family that's involved in a house fire." "Our thoughts go out and our hearts go out to the family."

Luckily, the smoke detectors alerted the family and all seven people were able to get out alive. Fire officials on the scene said this is a reminder that smoke detectors save lives.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast