Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- Several Salt Lake City residents suffered smoke inhalation when their apartment complex caught fire early Sunday morning.
Fire crews responded to a call just before 1:00. When they arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from a unit of the Beck Street Apartments near 1700 North Beck Street.
The fire started in the bathroom of the apartment, and the resident unsuccessfully tried to put it out himself.
Firefighters were able to put out the blaze within a few minutes.
No one was hurt, but the tenant and a couple in the neighboring apartment suffered smoke inhalation.
Damage is estimated to be close to $20,000.