Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
The early surprise of the high school football season has to be the play of the Ogden Tigers. Ogden shut out Ben Lomond 56-0 on Friday, improving the Tigers to 4-0 in their first season as a 4A school.
In other games, Bingham rebounded from the loss in Texas with an impressive 41-14 win over previously undefeated American Fork, while Brighton, who hadn't given up a point all season, lost their first region game to Lone Peak 23-7.
My top 5 player performances from week 4
5. Tyler Farr, RB, Bountiful
Bountiful senior running back Tyler Farr ran for 108 yards and three touchdowns as the Braves defeated Tooele 35-6.
4. JD Ashman, RB, Timpanogos
Timpanogos senior running back JD Ashman scored four touchdowns (kickoff return, 2 rushing, 1 receiving) as the Timberwolves beat Lehi 44-31 in Region 7 play.
3. Hayden Neilsen, QB, Spanish Fork
Spanish Fork sophomore quarterback Hayden Neilsen threw for six touchdowns to lead the Don's over Box Elder 48-14.
2. Nik Allred, QB, Ogden
Ogden senior quarterback Nik Allred threw for six touchdowns as the Ogden Tigers improve to 4-0 with a 56-0 victory over Ben Lomond.
1. Adam Boelter, QB, West Jordan
West Jordan junior quarterback Adam Boelter threw for over 250 yards and six touchdowns as the Jaguars defeated Copper Hills 55-6. Boelter also ran for nearly 100 yards and had two more touchdowns on the ground.
Defense wins games, and three teams impressively shut out their opponents in week four.
Emery 51, Carbon 0
Monument Valley 49, Navajo Pine, N.M. 0
Ogden 56, Ben Lomond 0
50 Point Club
- After being down 16-7 at the end of the first quarter, Cottonwood stormed back, scoring 35 points in the 2nd quarter on their way to a 52-16 win over Murray
- Skyline started Region 2 play in a big way, scoring 22 points in the first quarter in their 50-6 win over Granger
- West Jordan quarterback Adam Boelter threw for six touchdowns and ran for two more as the Jaguars defeated Copper Hills 55-6
- Running back Taylor Cox ran for over 300 yards and four touchdowns as Emery beat Carbon 51-0
- Ogden jumped out to a 49-0 lead at halftime and coasted the rest of the way, beating Ben Lomond 56-0