HURRICANE, Washington County — Police in Hurricane are investigating an apparent murder-suicide.
Just after 6 a.m. Wednesday, emergency dispatchers received a call from a man “who stated he had just shot his wife and he was going to shoot himself,” according to a prepared statement from the Hurricane Police Department.
Officers responded to the residence in the 100 block of Ash Street, surrounded it and attempted to contact the man inside, according to the statement. After receiving no response, officers entered and found “an elderly male and female deceased,” police stated.
The names of the people were not immediately released. No other information was released by police.
Suicide Prevention Resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Statewide/Salt Lake County Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: namiut.org
- County Crisis Lines: https://www.namiut.org/families-caregivers/suicide-prevention
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org