THE GYM — If we had a nickel for every time a school took something from popular culture and made it into a dance or band performance, we would have so much money that money would become meaningless.
Sure, some of these homages may be a bit lackluster, but that’s certainly doesn’t mean the kids should stop making them. Indeed, if pop culture tributes are what helps the kids get interested in music, dance, and the arts, I say bring it on.
This featured video is such a performance from Walden Grove High School in Sahuarita, Arizona. The performance is great for several reasons:
- The dance routine is a retelling of “Avengers: Engame.”
- If you don’t want to spend approximately 86 hours* watching “Endgame,” you can watch this instead.
- The music mashup is clever and fun.
- They may have spent the whole year’s fundraised money on the costumes.
- The kids in the audience are super into it.
The dancers are part of the Advanced Dance team in the school’s PAC Dance Team program, and they performed for their classmates at their homecoming assembly. You can find out more about the team on their Facebook page.
*Hyperbole for the jokes.
Martha Ostergar is a writer who delights in the ridiculous that internet serves up, which means she's more than grateful that she gets to cruise the web for amazing videos to highlight for your viewing pleasure.