189th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Carried live October 5 and 6, 2019, on KSL Television Channel 5, KSL.com and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM & 1160 AM.
Church of Jesus Christ News
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 6th - 8:15pm
Here are a few key takeaways from the semiannual two-day event of the state of Utah’s largest faith.
Angie Denison, KSL TV | Posted Oct 6th - 12:00pm
When members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the South Pacific Islands heard their prophet was coming to visit, excitement filled the air.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 6th - 7:15am
In advance of Sunday's sessions, here are five key takeaways from the weekend so far.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 5th - 7:45pm
President Russell M. Nelson announced plans for eight more temples around the world — including two in Utah.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 5th - 6:29pm
In addition to a new model of weekly class organization and leadership, the worldwide church will retire the “Beehive,” “Mia Maid” and “Laurel” designation for age-specific classes held each Sunday at Latter-day Saint meetinghouses around the world.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 5th - 3:31pm
Under the direction of church President Russell M. Nelson, Elder Cook announced significant changes to the church’s Young Men organization, adult leadership positions in that organization on a ward and stake level and mid-week activities commonly known as “Mutual” across the world.
KSL.com Staff | Posted Oct 5th - 9:56am
Scroll through KSL.com for summaries of the key points and announcements from each session.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Oct 5th - 9:22am
General conference is going to be all over your social feed this weekend. Here's how to understand it.
Angie Denison, KSL | Posted Apr 7th - 1:30pm
When three devout Amish families from the same congregation in Knox County, Ohio chose to change faiths and be baptized members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the entire community was stunned.
Michelle King, KSL | Posted Apr 7th - 1:00pm
We often hear about the thousands of young people serving missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but they’re not the only ones. There is a critical need for seniors as well — both singles and couples — serving at home and away.
Carole Mikita, KSL TV | Posted Apr 7th - 12:00pm
Italy, with its striking ancient structures and home to Vatican City — the headquarters for more than a billion Catholics worldwide — now also has a temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gracing the landscape on the outskirts of Rome.
Candice Madsen, KSL TV | Posted Apr 6th - 4:00pm
With an ever-increasing number of suicides taking place in our community, this program takes a positive approach at examining why people who have suicidal thoughts choose to stay and how they recovered.
Angie Denison, KSL | Posted Apr 6th - 1:30pm
With the upcoming release of the feature film "The Other Side of Heaven 2," this documentary will examine the impact one life well-lived can have on the world.
Keri Wilcox, KSL TV | Posted Apr 6th - 12:00pm
Through interviews with his family, coworkers, fellow soldiers and community leaders, we will explore how those priorities and commitments helped Maj. Brent Taylor make such a large difference in the world around him.
Keira Farrimond, KSL TV | Posted Oct 7th, 2018 - 1:30pm
In the slums of Nairobi, it may seem impossible to escape poverty, but several church members there are helping the kids of Kenya be fed, housed and happy. It begins with children, and it centers on education. Learn what's happening there.
KSL Newsradio Programming
- 8:00 AM - KSL Greenhouse Show
- 9:30 AM - General Conference Saturday
- 12:00 PM - “Modern Day Motherhood Myths” with Lindsay Aerts
- 1:00 PM - “Boosting our Boys Grades” with David Noriega and Debbie Dujanovic
- 4:00 PM - “Seeking a Path to Safety” with Amanda Dickson
- 8:00 AM - A Woman's View General Conference Special
- 9:00 AM - Everyday Lives, Everyday Values
- 9:30 AM - Music and the Spoken Word
- 12:00 PM - “Opening Nations and Hearts” with Marc Giauque
- 1:00 PM - “Trek, the Movie” with Doug Wright, sponsored by Excel Entertainment
- 4:00 PM - Derek Overstreet
- 5:00 PM - Rick Edelman
- Real Women, Real Faith
- David Archuleta: Called to Serve
- Jerusalem: Link to the past, hope of the future
- Grit: The true story of Steve Young
- A Mighty Band of Youth
- The Miracle of Music: Lessons learned by The Piano Guys
- The Ministry of President Thomas S. Monson
- Fruits of Faith: Celebrating a Small Town Temple
- The Tie: Be Thou An Example
- The Hill Cummorah Pageant: Seventy-Five Years in the Making
- Movies With Meaning: The Rebirth of Mormon Cinema
- Reach out and share
- Saints in Swaziland
- 12 Steps - The road to recovery
- Healing the Broken-hearted
- Something Extraordinary: the Relief Society
- Footprints of Faith
- An Army of Faith: Inside the MTC
- For the Welfare of All
- Healing the Broken Hearted