Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
HOLLADAY -- A man was fixing up a motorcycle Tuesday afternoon inside a Holladay storage unit when some gasoline came in contact with a space heater and caught on fire. It happened near 4000 South and Highland Drive.
Flames quickly engulfed the unit, charring his motorcycle, a truck and everything else inside. It spread to 15 other units, destroying everything else inside those as well.
"It burned quite rapidly and quite hot. We did have popping and various noises going off," said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Smith.
Four fire departments responded, but it took some time to get control because of limited access and low water pressure.
Officials aren't sure of the total cost of damage. They're working with the business to contact their renters to see what all was being stored.
No one was seriously injured in the incident.