Salt Lake City house fire starts near fireplace

Save Story
Leer en Español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY -- A simple mistake caused a Salt Lake City home to go up in flames Sunday.

Around 3:30 p.m., firefighters responded to a home near 1200 West and 300 South to find smoke and flames billowing out of the structure. They were able to put the fire out quickly.

Two people inside were treated on scene for smoke inhalation.

Investigators said flammable material near a burning fireplace sparked the blaze. The fire caused about $70,000 in damage to the home.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast