Find a list of your saved stories here

Mercury Spill Shuts Down School

Mercury Spill Shuts Down School

Save Story

Save stories to read later

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) -- A mercury spill shut down Highland High School Thursday afternoon.

Salt Lake Valley Health Department officials say about a cup of mercury was found in a toilet in the faculty restroom. Crews were on the scene Thursday night scanning the air, testing the level of contaminiation.

If any of the mercury vaporized and spread, school will be cancelled Friday. A wrestling match scheduled for Thursday was cancelled.

No injuries have been reported.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast