News / Utah / 

Hot Stove Left Unattended Causes House Fire

Hot Stove Left Unattended Causes House Fire

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A house fire in Salt Lake County forces firefighters to issue another reminder. Never leave something cooking on the stove unattended.

A woman was cooking dinner and left oil on the stove while she ran upstairs. When she came back, the stove was engulfed in flames. She called 911 and got her two-year old and 7-month old children out safely.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the kitchen.

Capt. Michael Jensen/ PIO, Unified Fire Authority: "We would encourage people to keep in mind the things that you have on your stove and oven. Don't leave them unattended for any amount of time because they can get out of control quickly."

The family spent the night at a relative's house. Damage is estimated at $20-thousand.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast