Exhaust fans blamed for restaurant fire

Exhaust fans blamed for restaurant fire

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

WEST JORDAN -- The fire that destroyed a popular West Jordan restaurant is being blamed on bathroom exhaust fans.

West Jordan fire investigators say the July 8th fire at Jim's Family Restaurant at 7609 S. Redwood Rd. was accidental and determined the fire started in the exhaust fans located above the bathrooms.

The fire spread through the truss system of the roof causing it to collapse.

Two groups of firefighters were inside when roof collapsed. Big beams and other debris fell on six of the firefighters. They were able to free themselves and escape before anyone had to go in after them. None of them were injured.

Damage is estimated at $1.4 to $1.5 million.

Employees of the restaurant say the owner plans to rebuild.

Related stories

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast