Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) A fire in West Valley has left a family without a home. The fire started just before 11 last night in the 3600 block of Willow River Drive.
Fire officials say the family was asleep but then smelled smoke coming from the laundry room. The homeowner tried to put out the flames but was unsuccessful.
By the time firefighters arrived the blaze had already destroyed the mobile home. Damage is estimated at $100,000 to $150,000.
The cause is under investigation, but they believe the dryer may have sparked it.
The family is staying with relatives who live nearby. The Red Cross also is assisting the fire victims.