News / Utah / 

Officials pinpoint cause of fire at Utah County home



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Fire officials think they know what caused a fire that nearly burned a home to the ground in Utah County.

It happened Friday night near 300 West and 5100 South in Lake Shore.

Officials pinpoint cause of fire at Utah County home

They say vapors from a can of oil used to stain wood wafted toward a propane heater and ignited. Large flames soon engulfed the home, causing about $300,000 in damage.

It took firefighters four hours to douse the blaze. The man who owned the home was remodeling it to sell.

Related Stories

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast