Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) An early morning apartment fire in Layton forced more than 100 people out into the cold.
At about 5 a.m. a resident walking by a unit in the complex at 378 E. Morgan St. heard a smoke alarm, noticed smoke coming from the building and called 911.
Firefighters evacuated all of the residents in the complex as a precaution. They were able to knock down the fire quickly and keep it contained to one unit, which was empty at the time of the fire.
They say it looks like the fire started on a table in the living room of that unit. No one was hurt. All of the residents have been allowed back in their homes.