Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Yield: 5 ServingsVegetarian
- 3½ cups Green Kale, Chopped
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Red Onion, Diced
- ½ cup Cashew Pieces, Salted
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- 5 cups Whole Wheat Penne Pasta (Cooked Per Pkg instructions), Cooled
- 1½ tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Crack Black Pepper
- 5 tbsp. Italian Parsley, Chopped
- 2½ tsp. Parmesan Cheese,Shredded
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add kale, nuts and cranberries, toss to quickly incorporate; cool.
- In a bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the kale mixture.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
450 Calories/ 290 mg Sodium/ 26% Cal/Fat