This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Yield: 6 ServingsIngredients:
- 5 each Fresh 4oz chicken breast
- 1 cup Fresh spinach
- ¼ cup Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- 1 tsp. Cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. Olive oil
- 4 cups Boiling water
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan, over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the spinach and 1 tsp. of water to wilt the spinach.
- Remove the mushrooms and spinach and chill.
- Once cooled, add the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese; blend.
- Cover a cutting board with wrap, lay chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and flatten with the back of a heavy sauce pot.
- Season the inside of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper; divide the filling equally, stuff each breast.
- Roll each breast and tuck in the ends to form a seal; brush chicken with olive oil.
- Bake chicken on a pan at 350*F, for 14 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Lay flat on a foil lined baking sheet, then sprinkle with feta cheese across the center of the asparagus.
- Bake at 350*F until the asparagus is tender and develops a deep color.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat; add the drained quinoa.
- Toast the quinoa for 1 minute, letting the water evaporate. Stir in the boiling water, lower heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand for 5 minutes covered.