Passerby alerts family to house fire

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A passerby saved a West Valley family from their burning home.

Fire officials say the home's attic caught on fire Saturday evening.

The entire family was inside the home near 3900 South and 5400 West. Luckily, someone saw smoke and alerted them.

Fire crews extinguished the flames quickly, but the house sustained $40,000 in damage. The cause of the fire is thought to be electrical.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast