Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
VENTURA, Calif. (AP) — Health officials say a foodborne virus may have sickened nearly 100 customers and employees last month at a Chipotle restaurant in Ventura County.
The county Environmental Health Division announced Thursday that seven employees of the Simi Valley restaurant tested positive for norovirus.
Authorities say those workers will remain off duty until additional testing clears them.
Eighty customers and 18 employees fell ill in mid-August. The restaurant was closed for a day and cleaned and no new illnesses have been reported.
Norovirus can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It's highly contagious and is spread through contact with infected people or contaminated food, water and surfaces.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.