Fire damages attic in Grantsville home

Fire damages attic in Grantsville home

5 photos
Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

GRANTSVILLE — Crews responded to a small house fire here overnight.

The incident happened about 1 a.m. at a house that had been undergoing some remodeling, said Grantsville Fire Chief Bret Anderson.

"It's just got some old wiring that somehow crossed and created a spark and lit a little fire in the attic. So insulation was on fire," he said.

A mother and three children were able to evacuate safely. A damage estimate was not immediately available, but Anderson believed the house was still livable.


Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Pat Reavy


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast