News / Utah / 

Fire in Murray condo likely started in dryer


6 photos

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MURRAY — A fire that likely started in a dryer caused about $30,000 damage to a condominium Sunday afternoon.

Murray Fire Department spokesman Russ Groves said crews responded about 1:15 p.m. to reports of a structure fire at 6084 S. 1480 East.

The arrived to find smoke billowing from the front door of the unit. Crews also saw flames just inside the front door in the laundry room, Groves said.

"It appears we had a dryer fire," he said.

One person was in the basement of the condo, but he was able to escape the unit. He suffered some smoke inhalation, Groves said, "but he's doing fine."

Groves said the fire serves as a reminder to make sure lint filers are cleared, and not put clothes that have been in contact with flammable substances in dryers.

Email:jpage@ksl.com

Photos

Jared Page

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast