Utah Senate passes changes to medical marijuana bill, allowing 14 pharmacies and possibly more in the future
Utah state senators voted to pass changes to the state’s medical marijuana bill that will allow for 14 pharmacies, and more in the future.
Latest News & Features
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 9:32pm
A Utah P.E. teacher received the surprise of a lifetime when his students bought him his dream shoes while he was recovering from a sports injury.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL and Katie McKellar, KSL | Posted Sep 16th - 9:04pm
A $1.5 million settlement for former Utah Attorney General John Swallow was approved in a special session of the Utah Legislature Monday, despite bellyaching from a few lawmakers.
Allen Kim, CNN | Posted Sep 16th - 8:36pm
Walmart is partnering with TerraCycle — a global waste management company that works with companies, retailers, cities and facilities to recycle "difficult-to-recycle" products and packaging — to offer the nation's largest car seat recycling event, with nearly 4,000 Walmarts participating across the country.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Sep 16th - 8:08pm
Police arrested a man who they say beat and raped a woman in his house and wouldn’t let her leave.
Michael R. Sisak and Bernard Condon, Associated Press | Posted Sep 16th - 7:38pm
New York City prosecutors have subpoenaed President Donald Trump's tax returns, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Monday.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Sep 16th - 7:02pm
The father of a man whom Ogden police killed outside his home last month calls the fatal shooting an “assassination.”
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Sep 16th - 6:06pm
Confirmed cases of people in Utah with the vaping-related illness have surpassed 40, health officials said Monday.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 5:36pm
Some of Tracy Aviary’s more popular and colorful creatures are moving on to another home after about a decade in Utah, as another colorful species prepares to make a comeback.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 4:52pm
There was plenty of reason to celebrate, with BYU’s 30-27 overtime win over then-No. 24 USC. But now it's time to move on.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 4:30pm
Utah tech giant Vivint Smart Home will boast an enterprise value of $5.6 billion following a merger announced Monday.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 4:03pm
The boy’s father had taken him off the horse Sunday and was tending to the animal when something spooked it and it stepped on the toddler’s chest, sheriff's officials said.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com and Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 2:59pm
A fire burning in the hills above Fruit Heights in Davis County forced the evacuation of some areas earlier Monday, officials said. By 10 p.m., all evacuations were lifted.
Katie Workman, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 2:33pm
Rain, or wind, or even snow doesn’t stop this little raccoon from taking the delicious food that’s owed to him. My bank account after eating out every night last week can relate.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 2:02pm
A new short film set in the universe of the “Jurassic World” movie trilogy gives dinosaur fans a look at the trilogy's world after the events of 2018's "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom."
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Sep 16th - 1:16pm
It would be a “grave mistake” for U.S. armed forces to respond to Iran’s apparent attack on a Saudi Arabian oil field over the weekend, Sen. Mitt Romney said Monday.
Juan A. Lozano, Associated Press | Posted Sep 16th - 1:03pm
A forensic psychiatrist told jurors Monday that a man accused of fatally shooting six members of his ex-wife's family near Houston in 2014 wasn't responsible for his actions because of severe mental illness that made him believe voices in his head telling him to carry out the killings.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Sep 16th - 12:44pm
A man who pleaded guilty to human trafficking earlier this year has now told the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole that he is innocent.
Ray Boone, KSL TV | Posted Sep 16th - 11:20am
“I did well,” Makenzie Weatherspoon said, reluctantly. “I just kind of keep it simple, like…I did okay.”
Tania Dean, KSL TV | Posted Sep 16th - 11:04am
Animal control officers are looking for two pit bulls after a man reported being attacked. The alleged victim says he’s most upset at the actions of the dogs' owners.
Jeff Call, Deseret News | Posted Sep 16th - 11:03am
Separated by more than 6,000 miles from home, and from the game that he loves, one of the top quarterback prospects in college football wakes up, kneels down on his bed, bows his head on a pillow and prays. The sun is rising in this coastal town in southern Brazil and after Elder Tanner McKee finishes his prayer, he begins another day as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Great Clips of the Week: Orem's Puka Nacua scores first TD for Huskies; Georgia's touching tribute for Arkansas State
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Sep 16th - 10:45am
Anderson's wife Wendy recently passed away after a two-year battle with breast cancer, and Georgia students and fans paid tribute to her with a grassroots movement that was "one of the classiest moves I've ever seen."
- Evacuations lifted for Francis Fire burning in Davis County foothills
- Utah confirms 42 cases of vaping-related illness
- Psychiatrist: Utah man accused of killing 6 controlled by voices
- Many US women say 1st sexual experience was forced in teens
- Walmart will trade you a gift card for your old car seat
- Utah students pool money to buy PE teacher his dream shoes
- 2-year-old Utah boy dies after horse stepped on him
- After another 'big win' over USC, Cougars cautious to move on to No. 22 Washington
- Utah Legislature passes changes to medical marijuana bill, allowing for more pharmacies
- Vivint Smart Home merger will generate nearly $700M to pay company debt
- Jets promote Logan's Luke Falk from practice squad, waive S Jackson
- Great Clips of the Week: Orem's Puka Nacua scores first TD for Huskies; Georgia's touching tribute for Arkansas State
- ‘It’s been a long time coming’: Utah’s Bryan Thompson finally showing his long-awaited talent
- A new era: UHSAA releases first-ever football RPI rankings
- Taiwan loses biggest Pacific ally as Solomons embraces China
- In leaderless Hong Kong movement, Joshua Wong just 1 voice
- Here is the latest news from The Associated Press at 12:40 a.m. EDT
- Israelis have begun voting in historic repeat election seen as referendum on longtime Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu