News / Utah / 

Electrical fire injures man on BYU campus

Posted - Jan. 28, 2010 at 4:14 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PROVO -- An electrical fire at BYU sent a worker to the hospital Thursday morning. It happened in the Clyde Building on campus around 9:30.

The worker accidentally drilled into a high voltage line, causing a transformer to explode. Many students reported hearing a loud boom.

The worker was taken to the hospital to be treated for burns on his hands and face, and was later released.

Officials at the university said the man works for an electrical contractor.

Classes at the Clyde building have been canceled for Thursday and Friday, while repairs are made.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast