Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Communities in the Salt Lake Valley have started their Christmas Tree recycling programs.
Here is a list of where you can drop off your Christmas tree:
- Alta: Trees may be dropped off on the west side of the green recycling bins in town through Jan. 10. Bluffdale » Trans-Jordan Landfill, 10873 S. 7200 West, accepts and recycles trees free of charge.
- Copperton and Cottonwood Heights: Salt Lake County waste removal trucks will pick up trees at the curb on regular trash collection days through Jan. 31.
- Draper : Trees may be dropped off at the Draper City Public Works at 72 E. Sivogah Court (14525 South) through Jan. 18.
- Herriman, Holladay, Kearns and Magna: County sanitation crews will collect trees at the curb on regular collection days through Jan. 31.
- Midvale: City crews will collect trees at the curb on regular trash collection days through Jan. 8.
- Murray: Trees may be dropped off through Jan. 31 at Murray Park, 5100 S. State St., in the main parking lot or at Grant Park, 6150 S. Main St., in the four diamonds area.
- Riverton: Trees may be dropped through Jan. 31 at the rodeo grounds, 12800 S. 1300 West; Centennial Park, 13000 S. 2700 West; or Monarch Park, 4800 W. 13600 South.
- Salt Lake City: Trees will be collected at the curb according to the following schedule:
- Area 1 (south of 1300 South, east of State Street) Jan. 4 to Jan. 8
- Area 2 (north of 1300 South, east of State Street) Jan. 8 to Jan. 13
- Area 3 (west of State Street) Jan. 14 to Jan. 20. Place trees at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first day of collection for your area.
- Sandy: The city will have large Dumpsters for the collection of Christmas trees only through Jan. 11.
- Storm Mountain Park, 11400 S. 1000 East
- Bell Canyon Park, 11400 S. 1700 East
- Flat Iron Mesa Park, 8600 S. 1700 East (lower west parking lot)
- Highpoint Park, 7800 S. 1000 East
- Crescent Park, 1000 S. 230 East
- Buttercup Park, 10075 S. 1550 East (south parking lot)
- parks maintenance shop, 9120 S. 700 East.
- South Salt Lake: Trees will be collected at the curb through Jan. 31.
- South Jordan: Trees will be collected at the curb on Jan. 4, 5, 11 and 12. Have them at the curb by 6 a.m. on one of these collection days.
- Taylorsville: County sanitation crews will collect trees at the curb on regular trash collection days through Jan. 31.
- West Jordan: Trees will be collected at the curb on regular trash collection days through Jan. 8
West Valley City: Trees may be dropped off through Jan. 19 at West Valley City Park, 3500 S. 4505 West, or Westview Park, 4100 S. 6055 West. ------ Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)