Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL TV) A Salt Lake City man is in the hospital after a two alarm fire on the city's west side.
Fire officials say the man was doing welding work on a car parked inside a garage last night at 1700 S. 740 West, when a spark from the torch hit some flammable material.
The fire quickly spread to the second story of the building. When fire crews arrived they were able to knock down the flames quickly, but not before one half of the building was completely gutted.
The man involved in the blaze was taken to the hospital with first and second degree burns on his arms and chest. He was also treated for smoke inhalation.