(Buford-AP) -- Two workers are being hospitalized with burns after a water pipe they were installing exploded this morning at a construction site in Buford, Georgia. That's in north Gwinnett County.
Fire officials were called to the site just before seven thirty a-m eastern time.
Fire department spokesman Captain David Dusik says the workers were from National Welding Corporation based out of Salt Lake City, Utah.
He says the workers were inside the pipe and some sort of spark occurred. The two were lying on the ground when firefighters arrived.
They were flown by helicopter to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
Dusik says the two sustained severe burns -- probably over 75 percent to 90 percent of their bodies.
(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)