Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- Coming off back-to-back wins for the first time this season, the Utah Jazz (6-6) will try to extend that streak to three when they face the Detroit Pistons (5-7) Saturday night in Salt Lake City.
Utah defeated the San Antonio Spurs 90-83 Thursday, their first win in that part of Texas in ten years.The Pistons are trying to get by without stars Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton, who have been plagued with injuries early on this season.
Detroit comes into this game having lost three straight.
KSL takes a look back and a look ahead as we prep for the game against the Pistons.
What did we learn about the Jazz against San Antonio?
- Carlos Boozer is playing much better, getting his 4th straight double-double Thursday
- The Jazz can play defense, holding the Spurs to only 4-20 from 3 point range (20%)
- Passing is the best policy - when the Jazz pass the ball around, they are hard to beat (26 assists Thursday)
What can the Jazz expect from Detroit?
- Will Bynum is averaging 23.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.0 assists in his last three games.
- Ben Wallace needs four steals for 1,200 career steals.
- PISTONS LEADERS: Ben Gordon 22 ppg, 3.2 apg / Rodney Stuckey 16.7 ppg, 3.6 apg
Probable Jazz starting lineup
- C - Kyrylo Fesenko, 7-1, 300 lbs., Ukraine
- PF - Carlos Boozer, 6-9, 260 lbs., Duke
- SF - Ronnie Brewer, 6-7, 236 lbs., Arkansas
- SG - Wesley Matthews, 6-5, 224 lbs., Marquette
- PG - Deron Williams, 6-3, 207 lbs., Illinois
Probable Pistons starting lineup
- PG - Rodney Stuckey
- SG - Ben Gordon
- SF - Jonas Jerebko
- PF - Charlie Villanueva
- C - Ben Wallace
Jazz Injury Updates
- Kyle Korver and C.J. Miles out, but both worked out hard today. Korver was even shooting before the game.
- Ronnie Price - OUT, but will not need surgery. Will continue rehab
- Mehmet Okur - OUT, flu like symptoms
Pistons Injury Updates
- Will Bynum PG - Day-to-Day
- Tayshaun Prince SF - OUT (back)
- Richard Hamilton SG - OUT (ankle)
With both Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton out for the Pistons, and that the Jazz are starting to gel as a team, Utah should win this one, extending their winning streak to three games.