News / Utah / 

Microwave fire causes $10K in damage to SSL home

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SOUTH SALT LAKE -- Smoke damage from a fire in a microwave will cost a South Salt Lake family thousands of dollars.

Fire officials said the residents of a home near 300 Utopia Avenue noticed smoke coming from the appliance just after 3 a.m. Thursday and called 911.

By the time crews arrived, the flames were out, but smoke had permeated the whole house.

Damage is estimated at $10,000.


Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast