Business Fire Seriously Injures One Man

Business Fire Seriously Injures One Man

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A fire broke out in Salt Lake City, damaging a jewelry shop and seriously burning one man.

Witnesses noticed heavy smoke coming from Time Shop Jewelry at 22 W. 100 South just after 7:00 tonight and called 911.

A man inside tried to escape, but couldn't get out before the flames got to him.

Tony Castillo/ Witness: "Saw the guy just laying there, burned. I mean, he wasn't on fire or anything, but his hair and skin was burnt completely from the waist up."

Crossroads Mall security guards saw the victim, rushed over and pulled him out of the building.

He was taken to the University of Utah Medical Center with second and third degree burns on the upper half of his body.

Fire officials estimate smoke damage to the building at 40-thousand dollars.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast