Swamp cooler ignites house fire

Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY -- A fire sparked in an attic caused six people to be out of their home Saturday.

The fire ignited at about 1 a.m. Fire investigators say it started in a swamp cooler.

The family did have working smoke detectors that alerted them to get out.

The Red Cross took the family--grandparents, parents and two kids--to a temporary shelter.

There was very little structural damage so the family should be able to get back into their home soon.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast