Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
OGDEN -- A brush fire destroyed a house at 4800 S. OldPost Road in Ogden Thursday night.
Fire investigators believe a power line arched and ignited the brush beneath it. Then wind blew the flames onto the house. By the time firefighters arrived, flames were raging through the entire house.
They were able to keep them from spreading to other houses, but that home is a complete loss of at least $250,000. No one was inside at the time.
The fire was actually first spotted by the fire chief who was just driving by.