Even though I think you can be an insufferable *&^$# sometimes, you have the best sports show on TV right now. “Real Sports” is to sports reporting as “60 Minutes” is to news reporting. Watched your latest edition last night. Mary Carillo did a great story on former professional boxer trying to overcome his Parkinson’s disease while training other fighters. But please tell Frank Deford to stop trying to make me cry. His story on a little girl with a brain tumor adopted by the women’s Lacrosse team at Northwestern who then went on to win five straight championships, brought a lump to my throat. It’s just not manly to be watching a sports show and tear up.
P.S. Sorry about the “insufferable *&^$#” thing.
Letter to Bryant Gumbel
- The discovery of the 'Nephite Coin': A pioneer mystery
- Utah's seen flooding and it's seen rain, so when will that reverse its drought trends?
- 'Pandemic of the unvaccinated' soars as Utah reports 1,100 new cases in 1 day
- Man hides 10 treasure chests in Utah outdoors
- Release of 66 Area Seventies follows new pattern for church leadership changes
- Disney rejects Scarlett Johansson's complaint over 'Black Widow' streaming release
- 'Deeply worried' about nation's polarization, Gov. Cox says Utah has the 'secret sauce'
- How can Utahns save water in drought? Governor wants to buy back your lawn
- Does being pro-life mean getting COVID-19 vaccine? GOP Sen. Mitt Romney thinks so
- Hobby Lobby ordered to forfeit ancient artifact bought for $1.6 million in 2014