BBQ leads to fire at West Jordan home


Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

WEST JORDAN -- A West Jordan home caught fire Saturday afternoon while people were grilling on the back patio.

Fire officials say grease got onto the wall of the house near 4900 West and 7300 South, and ignited. The fire quickly spread to the attic.

Total damages are expected to reach $100,000. No one was hurt.

Fire crews were also able to save the residents' pet snakes

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast