News / Utah / 

Fire forces evacuation of apartment residents



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MURRAY -- Fire at a Murray apartment complex forced two dozens residents from their homes overnight.

Fire forces evacuation of apartment residents

Police went door to door at the James Pointe Apartments at 632 E. 6400 South just after midnight, alerting residents to get out. Twelve units were evacuated.

Officials say the fire started in the utility room of a ground floor apartment. There was a natural gas leak there at the time of the fire.

The resident of that unit was taken to the hospital with minor burns and smoke inhalation. Two officers also were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Most of the damage was to the unit where the fire started. Residents now have returned home.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast