Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SOUTH JORDAN -- Neighbors connected their garden hoses to help put out a garage fire in South Jordan.
Brett Larson says his daughter first noticed smoke coming from the garage of a home across the street near 3300 West and 10600 South around 9 p.m. Thursday.
They alerted the homeowners. Then several neighbors connected their garden hoses, ran them about 100 feet and then used them to fight the fire.
Larson said, "(There was) not a lot of pressure by the time it made it that far, but it was enough to help out."
Sean Hines of the South Jordan Fire Department said, "It could have gotten a lot worse if it wasn't for their help."
In fact, firefighters say the fire was pretty much out by the time they arrived on the scene.
The flames never reached the house, only damaged the garage. A malfunctioning battery charger may have caused the fire.