Bloody Beet Root Salad
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1½ lbs. Small Fresh Beets
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 6 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ¾ cup Granola
- 3 fl oz. Balsamic Glaze
- 1 oz. Micro Green Lettuce
- Wash and trim the beets, removing stems, and thin root.
- Place beets in a foil wrapped roasting pan with ¼” water; roast at 350F for 35-55 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove the beets from the oven and drain water; let cool to room temperature.
- Using a cloth towel or thick layered paper towel, slowly wipe the skins away.
- Wedge the beets into six pieces each and toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold seasonings into the ricotta.
Dividing equally between servings, place the granola onto the bottom of the plate, arrange beet wedges in desired fashion and top with ricotta.
Garnish with balsamic glaze and micro greens.
150 Calories/ 265mg Sodium/ 12% Cal/Fat