Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail**Yield: 4 Servings**
- 1½ lb. Cooked shrimp
- ¼ cup Red onion, diced
- ¼ cup Cucumber, peeled, diced
- ¼ cup Celery, diced
- 1 ea. Jalapeno, de-seeded, diced
- ½ cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup Low sodium tomato sauce
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Orange juice
- ¼ tsp. Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning
- 1 cup Avocado, diced
- 1 ea. Lime, wedged
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable juice, ketchup, orange juice and seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Stir the avocado in right before serving.
Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
150 Calories/ 600 mg Sodium/ 26% Cal/Fat