This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — Red Butte Gardens has announced a massive lineup of artists and 31 concert dates for its 2019 outdoor concert series.
The series kicks off May 31 with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and continues through Sept. 23, when Australian rocker Tash Sultana will wrap up up the 2019 season.
The lineup also features a June 6 performance of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” presented by the Utah Shakespeare Festival, and a July 2 patriotic celebration from the Utah Symphony.
Other performers include Lucinda Williams, John Prine, Umphrey’s McGee, Greensky Bluegrass and Seal.
Here’s a look at the full list of artists playing the concert series this summer:
- May 31: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, with Billy Strings
- June 5: Little Feat
- June 6: Utah Shakespeare Festival presents a concert version of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
- June 25: Howard Jones, with Men Without Hats
- June 26: Lucinda Williams and Buick 6
- June 27: Greensky Bluegrass, with The Lil Smokies
- July 2: Utah Symphony’s Patriotic Celebration
- July 10: Galactic, with Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe
- July 11: Pink Martini, with China Forbes
- July 14: Lyle Lovett
- July 18: Seal
- July 23: Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, with Lucius
- July 26: Trampled By Turtles, with Dead South
- July 30: John Prine, with I’m With Her
- Aug. 4: Umphrey’s McGee, with Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
- Aug. 5: Jonny Lang, with JJ Grey and Mofro
- Aug. 7: Mandolin Orange
- Aug. 9: The Mighty O.A.R., with American Authors
- Aug. 13: Shakey Graves, with Dr. Dog
- Aug. 14: Lord Huron
- Aug. 16: The B-52s, with OMD and Berlin
- Aug. 19: Steve Miller Band, with Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives
- Aug. 26: Stray Cats
- Aug. 28: The Wood Brothers, with Colter Wall
- Aug. 29: Amos Lee, with Madison Cunningham
- Sept. 4: Gov’t Mule
- Sept. 6: Gary Clark Jr.
- Sept. 11: Mark Knopfler
- Sept. 15: Boz Scaggs
- Sept. 19: Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit
- Sept. 23: Tash Sultana, with the Teskey Brothers
Tickets for the shows on May 31, June 5 and 6 and July 2 are on sale now. Tickets for the rest of the shows go on sale April 29 for Red Butte Garden members and May 6 for the general public.
Starting ticket prices for the general public range from $35 to $92. For more information, visit redbuttegarden.org/concerts.