Dijon Baked Cod
with Brown Rice Pilaf & Wilted Baby Spinach
Yield: 5 Servings
Dijon Baked Cod Ingredients:
5 each Cod Loin, Boneless, Skinless
5 tbsp. Sour Cream
2¼ tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tsp. White Wine
2 tsp. Dried Tarragon
½ tsp. Black Pepper
Brown Rice Pilaf Ingredients:
1 tsp. Olive Oil
4 tbsp. Yellow Onion, Diced
4 tbsp. Fresh Carrot, Diced
12 tbsp. Brown Rice
¾ cup Vegetable Broth
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Wilted Baby Spinach Ingredients:
1½ tsp. Olive Oil
10 cups Fresh Spinach, Cleaned, Trimmed
1 tbsp. Garlic, Chopped
1¼ cups Red Onion, Sliced
3½ tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
Dijon Baked Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 320F.
2. In a bowl combine the sour cream, mustard, white wine and spices; rub on thawed cod loin.
3. Lay fish flat on a sheet pan, sprayed with non-stick pan coating; bake for 10-12 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
Brown Rice Pilaf
4. Heat oil in a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat; add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until softened.
5. Stir in rice and cook, stirring often until toasted.
6. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
7. Fluff rice, add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
8. In a sauté pan, heat oil, add the spinach, garlic, and onion.
9. Sauté briefly and add balsamic vinegar, cook until tender.
Per each serving, place a 1 cup of the wilted baby spinach off the center of the plate, place ½ cup of brown rice pilaf next to the spinach, and then place 1 fish loin on top of the rice. Drizzle any pan sauce over the fish.
370 Calories/ 700 mg Sodium/ 12% Cal/Fat
Your Life Your Health: Dijon Baked Cod with Intermountain Healthcare
Dijon Baked Cod
- Ferris wheel at Sandy store closed indefinitely following teen's fall
- Jazz hold off Nuggets in emotional win
- Utah chickens test positive for highly contagious, fatal bird disease
- Police: Bicyclist involved in Salt Lake City hit-and-run dies, driver arrested
- Utah man admits to killing ex-girlfriend in deal that spares him from death penalty
- Man pleads guilty to stealing from BYU library
- How likely are you to live to 90? Depends on your gender and body size
- Kearns man arrested in connection with fatal South Jordan crash
- McAdams: Border wall could be part of shutdown solution
- Parking rage? Utah skier fed up with full lot tried to take officer's gun, police say