Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
WASHINGTON (AP) — In what appears to be a temporary security precaution, the federal government is barring passengers on certain flights originating in eight other countries from bringing laptops, iPads, cameras and most other electronics in carry-on luggage. The ban starts on Tuesday. The reason for the ban isn't clear. A U.S. official told the AP it will apply to nonstop flights to the U.S. from 10 international airports serving the cities of Cairo in Egypt; Amman in Jordan; Kuwait City in Kuwait; Casablanca in Morocco; Doha in Qatar; Riyadh and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia; Istanbul in Turkey; and Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI director has confirmed publicly that the agency is looking into possible links and coordination between Russia and associates of Donald Trump during the presidential campaign last year. James Comey, at a congressional hearing on Monday, also rejected Trump's claim that his predecessor had wiretapped his New York skyscraper. Trump continued to tweet during the hearing -- putting the FBI director in the position of correcting, in real time, how the president was characterizing his testimony.
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel has pulled legal analyst Andrew Napolitano from the air after disavowing his on-air claim that British intelligence officials had helped former President Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump. A Fox executive who spoke on condition of anonymity because it was a personnel matter said Napolitano has been benched and won't be appearing on the air in the near future. The move was first reported by The Los Angeles Times.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas lawmakers have approved a measure requiring voters to show photo identification before casting a ballot. The requirement was struck down by the state Supreme Court as unconstitutional more than two years ago. But four of the justices who struck down the 2013 law are no longer on the court.
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — The company building the Dakota Access pipeline says that the project remains on track to start moving oil this week despite what it is calling recent "coordinated physical attacks" along the line. That's according to a court filing by Dallas-based Energy Transfer Partners. It says the attacks -- for which there were no details -- "pose threats to life, physical safety and the environment."
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.