Recipe by Heber Rivera, Executive Chef/Intermountain Utah Valley Hospital
Salmon w/ Fruit Salsa Roasted Asparagus & Brown Rice Yield: 5 Servings Gluten & Dairy Free
1½ cups Fresh or Canned Pineapple,Diced
1½ each Fresh Orange,Peeled & Diced
1½ tbsp. Cilantro,Chopped
2½ tsp. Red Onion,Diced
1 tsp. Fresh Jalapeno,Seeded,Diced
1½ tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
¼ tsp. Black Pepper
2 tsp. Orange,Zest
5 each Atlantic Salmon,4 oz. Portion
3¾ cups Brown Rice,Cooked (per pkg instructions)
5 each Cilantro,Sprig
1¼ tsp. Orange Zest
1¼ lbs. Fresh Asparagus
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 pinch Kosher Salt
1 pinch Black Pepper
1. In a bowl, mix together the pineapple, oranges, cilantro, red onion, and jalapeno. Let marinate, refrigerated for 1-2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325F.
3. In a bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper and orange zest. Rub mixture on top of salmon.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145F is reached. Roasted Asparagus
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. Lay asparagus out flat on a baking sheet.
7. Brush asparagus with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
For each serving place salmon atop ¾ cup brown rice, top with ½ cup fruit salsa along with the roasted asparagus dived evenly. Garnish with orange zest and cilantro.
440 Calories/ 430 mg Sodium/ 26.5% Cal/Fat