Mapleton barn fire caught on tape

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A fire in Mapleton burned down a barn. Brad Gashler shared video he shot of the fire at 1200 North and 1200 West in Mapleton.

The barn belonged to the McHargue family, who built it in 1978 to house a cow. Lately, though, it's been used to store construction materials.

Mapleton's volunteer fire department quickly knocked down the fire.

The fire chief told Eyewitness News that neighbors report children with fireworks started the fire.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast